I was craving hot chocolate the other day, but I ran out of the Carnation packets that I normally use. No worries ! I used real and simple ingredients that I already had at home, to make even better hot chocolate. It was so quick and easy and it tasted so much better than anything out of a packet.
1 cup of Milk
1 Square of Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 Dash of Cinnammon
1 Teapsoon of Vanilla extract
Makes 1 Serving
1. Use a knife to cut up the chocolate square
2. After the entire sqare has been cut up, it should look like little shavings or fine pieces
3. Set the burner on low /medium heat. Pour the milk in the sauce pan and combine with all other ingredients excluding the whipped cream (save just a dash of the chocolate shavings for later)
4. After about 5 minutes, a thin layer of skin should have formed over the milk. It is now ready to be poured into your mug.
5. Top the hot chocolate with loads and loads of whipped cream.
6. Use the excess chocolate shavings to sprinkle over top