Now that the weather in Malibu is finally cooling off, it's about time that I make some adjustments as well. Apart from needing some new fall clothes, or at least a jacket ... I thought I would start off by making my warm and cozy chicken soup. It's basically something that I threw together one very chilly day in Baton Rouge. It's super quick and easy to make and most importantly, really delicious.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Virgin olive oil
Salt or Seasoned Salt
- Wash the chicken and season with chicken seasoning. I normally wash the chicken with lemon, but that's just something my mom always did; you can wash it as you would normally do
- Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
- Bring about 3 cups of broth and 1 cup of water to a boil
- Add about half a cup of virgin olive oil
- Season with Coriander, Black Pepper, Chicken seasoning and Salt to taste
- Add cilantro ( as much or as little as you like)
- Add about 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- Squeeze in lemon juice from half a lemon
- Remove chicken from oven and chop up ... add to soup
- Allow the combination to boil together for another 5 minutes
- Serve with avocado slices and enjoy !!!