Eleven Interesting Facts About Me:
1. Although I'm a Cali living, former Louisiana resident and Canadian ... I was actually born and spent the first few years of my life in Brooklyn, New York. BK STAND UP ! But I've been told I still have zero street cred.
2. My parents insisted on signing me up for piano lessons. They actually signed me up twice and both times I quit to play the drums. I was a tomboy and piano was just too girly for me.
3. I love to bake cupcakes more than I love to eat them. In undergrad I would bake all the time and decorate my cupcakes all pretty. I took it really seriously (and my roommates would usually do the eating) .. now that I live alone, I don't really bake that much anymore. It's kind of sad.
4. I love watching YouTube beauty gurus. I could spend all day doing that (if I had all day) ... my favorites are Tasha Green, Andreas Choice, and Beauty Crush.
5. I've been to five different countries, seventeen different states, but only two Canadian provinces.
6. When I was twelve I had a hamster named Victor. I named him after the ghost from the movie The Others. My mom could never remember his name; she insisted on calling him George.
7. Contrary to most people, I actually do NOT like Bourbon St. I mean, I can tolerate it during the day, when there isn't a huge event going on ... but I really just don't care for the crowds of drunk people stepping on me or the obnoxiously huge horses.
8. My first concert was a Justin Timberlake concert. My sister and I got these VIP box seat tickets from my mom and it was a pretty awesome first concert experience to say the least. Any night that includes unlimited food and Justin Timberlake is a good night to me lol.
9. It's cliche, but of all the American cities I've visited, I probably had the most fun in Vegas. I was with one of my bestest friends and even though it was just the two of us, it was a week I will never forget. I had so much fun.
10. When I was thirteen, I was MVP at the end of my club soccer season. The ceremony was on a Sunday so my dad tried to rush me there after church. We didn't make it in time and missed the ceremony. The next week when I went to pick up my medallion, the people told me they'd lost it. Instead I got the regular team trophy and some random trophy from a previous year that I had nothing to do with as consolation.
11. This shouldn't be news to anybody ... but I really really really love coffee. The only things on my Christmas list this year are an espresso machine and a Starbucks gift cards.
Now to answer Grace and Gratitude's questions:
1. A person dead or alive that I would like to have dinner with is Lauren Conrad. I think she's a great business woman and entrepreneur. I would love to be able to just pick her mind for an evening and possibly gain some great lessons about being a 21st century working woman.
2. My favorite memory is probably a trip I took to Disney World with my family when I was nine. On that trip my mom and I accidentally lost my grandma for a few hours. She literally vanished and she doesn't speak english so we were a little concerned. Alas we found her sitting on a bench somewhere watching a parade. I thought it was hilarious.
3. I don't know if smart phones are considered new technology, but I would say I find them the most helpful. Literally everything you need at your fingertips.
4. New technology that I've found the most annoying is also the cell phone. I hate when they go off in class or when people don't use proper cell phone etiquette.
5. An important life lesson that I've learned, is that everything will fall into place. Things don't always turn out like you plan, but God has a plan ... and his is better than ours anyway.
6. If I could go back and tell my teenage self one thing, it would be to stress less and have more fun. Don't take yourself too seriously.
7. A world event that has impacted me the most, is probably the earthquake in Haiti from a few years back. Being able to go there and see the devastation after the fact made me realize more than ever how quickly things can change. It made me appreciate the little things.
8. One thing I've always wanted to do but never have, is swim with dolphins.
9. My favorite quote is kind of long, but here it goes: " An old Cherokee chief was teaching his
grandson about life. There is a great fight going on inside of all of us he told him, and it is a fight
between two wolves. One is evil, he is anger, guilt, sorrow and ego. The other is good, he is joy, love,
hope, truth and faith. The grandson asked ‘which wolf will win?’ and the chief replied ‘the one you
feed’. Now is your chance to feed the good wolf. "
10. Well there are actually two people that have influenced my life the most, my parents. Naturally I've learned a lot from them. They are the most selfless people that I know and they've taught me to help people, whether or not they'll ever be able to return the favor.
11. I will hopefully be remembered as a good person. A little sarcastic at times maybe, but a good person that tried her best to make a positive impact on the world.
Now for my nominations:
(I don't know how many followers anyone has so I'm just picking people)
1. Jessie from SS JESS
2. Ashley from Pursuit of Shoes
3. Carla from Est. 1987
4. Courtnee from Call Her Courtnee
5. Kari from Lipstick Stains and Coffee Cups
My Eleven Questions:
1. If you could go back to any age, what age would it be and why?
2. Who is your favorite teacher and why?
3. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
4. What is one place you have never been, but would love to visit?
5. What is your favorite city?
6. How would you describe your style?
7. What do you love most about yourself?
8. What is something you would change about yourself if you could?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. Is there a particular blog that inspires you?
11. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
- paste the award on your blog
- choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers)
- let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs
- write 11 interesting facts about you
- answer my 11 questions