Since I was young, I have always been a fan of collecting quotes. I find them really therapeutic so I would write them in my agendas and keep some in my phone. They're just a great way of helping me "get through" moments. Today I was looking through some of the many quotes I've saved over the years. I thought I would share some of my favorite quotes I like to refer back to depending on what I'm facing in that moment.
For Those Moments When You're Not Sure Whether Or Not To Keep Fighting
- "If there's just one piece of advice I can give you it's this: when there's something you really want, fight for it. Don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope, ask yourself if in ten years you're going to wish you gave it just one more shot because the best things in life, they don't come free."
- "Losers quit when they get tired. Winners quit when they've won."
- "Mistakes are proof that you are trying."
For Those Heartbroken/Un-requited Love Type Moments
- "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices."
- "And it always seems like there is just one person in this world to love and then you find someone else ... and it just seems crazy that you were ever worried in the first place."
- "The best way to cheer yourself up, is to go cheer someone else up."
For Those Moments When Someone Is Just Driving You Crazy
- "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is facing some kind of battle."
- "Try to find something to love in everybody, even if it's a small thing because there is always something. There has to be."
For Those Moments When You're Feeling Just A Little Misunderstood/Mistreated
- "Do not allow other to define your identity for you. Do not allow them to write even a portion of it. They can be a mirror that shows you who you are, but they cannot tell you who you are. They will always, somehow, get it wrong. Nothing and no one can write that part better than you. Define yourself and believe in that. Truly."
- "Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do because hate in your heart will consume you too."
For Those Moments When You Begin To Doubt If It's Enough To Just Be You
- "There is a reason for everything; Every mistake, every moment of weakness, every terrible thing that has happened to you. Grow from it. The only way to gain the respect of others is to show them that you respect yourself and most importantly do your thing. Never apologize for being you."
These are just a few of my MANY MANY favorites. If you have any good ones, feel free to share. I'm always looking to add more to my collection :)